Blue Bay Cottage
This three bedroom, one bath charming cottage is warm and vibrant. Tastefully updated through lots of loving hours to bring back this home’s luster and shine.
The home has three cozy bedrooms, a sitting room, living room and informal dining room. Throughout are wood floors that include some of the home’s original that are augmented with additional oak over the years.
Outside across the level 5,500 sq. ft. lot is a nicely landscaped backyard with espalier fruit trees and a detached studio that can be used as an office, art room, or gym.
And the outdoor fireplace makes a great way to cozy up and wind down your day at this escape in Monterey.
The current owners have made many updates throughout their ownership that are apparent while many others are behind the scene improvements to the property. This includes allocating water credits available to add a second bathroom.
Home improvements include:
- Exterior painted October 2016
- Fireplace firebox rebuilt and new chimney rooftop cap installed 2016
- New energy efficient Simonton windows installed 2014 (Low E2 with Argon)
- Replaced five foot sewer line tie-in from sidewalk to street 2012 with backwater valve
- Bathroom, kitchen, and laundry plumbing replaced 2012
- New bedroom carpet installed 2012
- 50 year roof installed 2010
- Original wood flooring throughout most of house